Annual Meeting 2014
Registration for the Vermont Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (VAND) Annual Meeting is now open!
The Annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, April 10 and Friday, April 11, 2014 at the Essex Culinary Resort & Spa.
Conference and Registration Details
We will kick off the Thursday evening session with a culinary demonstration sponsored by the New England Dairy & Food Council on Cooking Up Lactose Intolerance Friendly-Foods. This session will be led be Jill Goodroe, RD and Katie Webster, Recipe Developer & Food Stylist. A networking reception will follow the demonstration.
Friday will include the following sessions:
- Rocking the Social Media World: 7 Secrets of Highly Visible RDs
- Becoming Leaders: Navigating the Changing Landscape of Healthcare
- Treating Binge Eating Disorder: Evidence-Based Best Practices & the Role of the Nutrition Professional
- Speaker: Marsha Hudnall, MS, RDN, CD
- Public Policy Workshop 2014 Highlights
- Speaker: Stephanie Roque, UVM MSD Student
- Building Blocks of Behavior Change: Motivational Interviewing & Nutritional Interventions
- Speaker: Julia Wacker, MSW, MPH
- Food Labeling for Health Care Professionals
- Speaker: Laurie J. Beyranevand, Associate Professor of Law
MSD Students Poster Presentations Abstracts
For complete details on both the Thursday evening and Friday events download the Annual Meeting Brochure
To register, download and complete the registration form and return to:
PO Box 2107
South Burlington, VT 05407-2107
Register by March 27, 2014 to receive a discounted rate!
We would like to thank the sponsors, exhibitors, and donors who have contributed to the support of the conference. We couldn’t do it without you!
The Essex Resort will be offering a reduced room rate of $139.00 for attendees who wish to stay over on the night of Thursday, April 10th. In order to take advantage of the reduced room rate, reservations must be made by Thursday, March 20, 2014. You may make a reservation by calling 800-727-4295.
For more information or questions contact Dana Notte at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back for updates on registration, session topics, and conference hand-outs.
2014 Annual Meeting Student Scholarship
VAND is pleased to announce the 2014 Annual Meeting Student Scholarship Program. The scholarship will cover the cost of registration for the full day program on Friday, April 11, and is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
For consideration for the scholarship, please submit the application form page to Cathy McIsaac, RD, CD at email@example.com. Scholarship winners will be notified by March 28, 2014.
Interested in showcasing your product or service? More details are available in the Vendor Invitation Letter.
Ready to register? Complete the Vendor Registration Form.
Send Vendor questions and completed registration forms to: Victoria Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org