VAND's Vision is to optimize Vermont’s health through food and nutrition. To achieve this Vision, Vermont Dietitians need to be able to influence nutrition policy and promote the unique contributions the RD can make in the arena of food and nutrition. The majority of our work is volunteer driven but proposed areas of support include:
- Supporting and helping local communities in their efforts to address the childhood obesity epidemic either through working to improve school nutrition programs or helping promote community fitness programs.
- Helping combat hunger in Vermont through nutrition programs
- Support sustainable and local agriculture
Our local events are designed to help educate our members to further our Vision and Mission.
VAND Annual Events:
- March: Legislative Day: Please join us in an education day at the State House in Montpelier.
- March: National Nutrition Month: Look for events in your area
- March: National Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist Day
- April: Annual Meeting- check the event calendar for details
- Summer: Annual VAND 5K Wallk/Run - check calendar for details
- October: Food Day-check event calendar for events in your area